The Olympics

The Olympics

Text

News, information and stories about the Olympics.

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Photos Banned

Photographers wishing to take pictures of the Olympic construction site in East London have been warned they will be questioned if suspected of photographing 'security operations'.

Amateur photographer Dr Patrick Green found this out to his cost on 14 June, when security guards stopped him taking pictures from a public road that leads to the Olympic site.

Amateur Photographer quoted him:

"One guard also threatened to call more security who he said 'would come with dogs'.

At first I didn't notice that there was a security guard in a cabin to the left of the barrier and took a few pictures. I then walked closer to get a better view. Next to the blue fence is what I assumed to be part of the Olympic Village construction and I wanted to include that in my picture.

The guard saw me and called out that photography was forbidden… I said that I was on public land, could take pictures if I wanted and that this had been confirmed by Olympics bosses in the past
."

Olympic Medals won during the Beijing 2008 Olympics

Don't forget to visit www.theolympicswarehouse.com
www.olympicsdiary.com brought to you by www.kenfrost.com "The Living Brand"

1 comment: